Friday, February 7, 2014

Portfolio Part 2 - redo

My Culture

food

wedding rings
football
sewing
modesty
family dinner

music

General Conference
The boys were not allowed to be in just underwear
My family is more quiet and introverted
We love BYU

Temple Marriage

Cereal, our go to meal

Academics

Utah Accents
women in the kitchen
Family
Friends
LDS Missions
dirt cake
I learned that culture is more than just your race or where you are from. It varies from family to family. I learned this quickly when I got married. Our families have a lot of similarities but the longer we are married, the more I realize that he came from a completely different culture than I did. My culture helped a lot in school because we were expected to do our best in school and get good grades. Because of this, I was motivated to get my associates degree from UVU while I was in high school. I was very social and involved with my friends which was both good and bad because we motivated each other to do well in school and took several classes together so we could study. However, this also caused a lot more distractions in the classroom when we would be talking among ourselves. My major is FACS Ed. I chose this because my family is very traditional and the women did chores like cooking and cleaning and the men did chores like mowing the lawn and taking out the garbage. Growing up in the kitchen gave me a love for it so becoming a teacher of cooking and child care was no question to me. I was very motivated in those classes in high school and still am motivated in similar classes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment